Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Delicious Color & Cookies"........

Friday, January 16, 2009

The most "appetizingly" pretty kitchen & cupboard!....
Happy Friday Dear Friends, Well it has been a week of "cleaning out" & "getting rid of"!....& Oh! it feels so good!.....I have been going through stored boxes, drawers & every conceivable "cubbyhole"... ridding our home of no-longer-needed stuff"!......Along with all that I have been going through all my magazines, some of which just need to be discarded, so I'm sure, like many of you, I am leafing through each, tearing out ideas & photos & projects I must save.....As I was perusing,... I happened to notice a pattern..I kept ripping out photos of rooms all having this marvelous "dijon-mustard" color!! Well, .....I guess I love it!!??......I know I have made a point of letting you all know how ready I am for all white surroundings, with little color...but somewhere inside I must have a deep-seeded love affair going with this color!? Who knew?.....but I do so appreciate it's delicious hue!.....So after thumbing through magazine after magazine....I found myself in the kitchen whipping up a batch of "Moms's Brown Sugar Bars"..... coincidentally they have a very similar shade to this "new" beloved color of mine!?......"Color & Cookies"....a delicious combination you too may wish to try!.......

Such a cozy, little room......

And this bathroom would feel "warm" even during the coldest winter!


Amazing cabinetry.....beautiful color.....



And such a "yummy" ceiling".......what a charming background for this barrel shade.....
Note: Thought you may enjoy trying a new cookie recipe....This one comes from my dear friend Laura, who always has the best cookie recipes!!!
MOM'S BROWN SUGAR BARS:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
* Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add egg & vanilla, beating until blended.
* Combine flour, baking soda & salt: gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
* Press dough into an ungreased 15x10 jelly roll pan.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over warm cookie. Let stand 5 minutes; spread chocolate evenly over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

7 comments:

Georgia Girl January 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

This sounds yummy! I think I have athe ingredients to make this cookie...since the weather is going to be cold to get out I am gonna try this out over the weekend!

Oh I love that color also...I almost decided on this when I was picking out the colors for my kitchen but I went with the terra cotta color instead. Both are pretty and love all the pics you shared of this hue.

Question...got an idea when your going to start the other swap..Kitchen one? I wanted to blog about my kitchen so my swap partner can see it and get ideas..I like the fact of seeing someones kitchen and having a feel of what to buy...so just curious...don't want to post it to soon before you announce the swap deadline and partners.

have a wonderful weekend!

Lara January 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I, too, love this color! In fact, I love it so much that I just painted our living room that color. It warmed up the space so much and is leaps and bounds better than the 1980s floral wallpaper that was in the room when we bought the house!

I just started reading your blog about a month ago. Can't remember who linked me over to it. But, I so enjoy it!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville January 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

The whole post is yummy! I espcially love that family room picture. LOVE it!

Leigh, Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

Stacey January 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

My kitchen is mustard yellow. I have always loved it (8 years). It is on the west side of my house so in the summer it seems warmer. I think it's mental.

Cheryl January 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Love the color and thanks for sharring your cookie recipe I am going to give it a try this weekend.
Have a wonderful weekend
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch Joy

Jenny January 16, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

This color would work well with white...maybe just the background of a cubby or shelf...just to see if you REALLY love it??

RR January 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

thats such a nice colour!
i never thought about choosing it either,but i think that it would really warm up my "cold looking bathroom"

thanks for the recipe too.ill hopefully try that this weekend!

take care and have a great weekend

rachel
x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP