Related Posts with Thumbnails

Very Vintage Valentine Swap ....RULES!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Evening Ladies,..... I am writing this blog to all of you who are joining me in my Very Vintage Valentine Swap.....First of all, I want to "thank you".... & give you each a "big hug" for such a wonderfully enthusiastic response!....It is just lovely to have so many of you returning, from some of my previous swaps....as well as having so many new ladies participating for the first time! Thank you....thank you!!!! I couldn't do it without you!

O.K....now to get to the more serious reason for this post.....This is my 3rd swap...Most of you know, I began with the Very Vintage Halloween Swap & then followed it with the Very Vintage Christmas Swap.....The "Halloween" swap overall went very smoothly, with a only a very few ladies not receiving their swap boxes from their partners......However, the "Christmas" swap was riddled with an overriding amount of "flakers"!!!....many of us, including "me, the hostess"!....We made up well thought out & beautifully festive boxes for a partner that not only never confirmed she received it, but never even sent a swap box back!???? ..... This is simply UNEXCEPTABLE!!!....

At the beginning of each of the swaps I have been very clear....If for any reason you decide you cannot follow through, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....A.S.A.P.!!!!.....I completely understand that sometimes we find ourselves in a situation that makes it impossible to continue with the swap.....but instead of "hiding" from your partner, "not answering e-mails" or "not posting on your blog"....JUST LET ME KNOW!!!!! I WILL UNDERSTAND!!!....What I will not put up with is "flakers"! When you sign up for a swap, you are promising to follow through....if not, then you at least need to let the hostess know...that is all I ask...If you do not, in my opinion, it is quite simply "stealing"....."flakers" & "stealing"......harsh words, but true. Again I will not have it!

Now some of you have noticed that a few swaps are now "charging" to participate!....A "fee" to join a swap?.....I have & am currently participating in one of these. I admire & respect the hostesses of these swaps & know that they feel they must charge a fee to weed out the "flakers", which I do understand....However, I LOVE putting on my "Vintage"swaps & want to continue to do so wothout charging a "fee". Please help me do this.....let's please be accountable.

So in this Very Vintage Valentine Swap" I have posted each of your names on the left side of my blog......I also have a list right next to my computer.....We each have till January 21st to send your swap box to your partner.....When you send your box, I am asking you to send me a quick e-mail telling me you have mailed it......& when you receive your swap box, please e-mail me again letting me know. I will be keeping track of everyone!.....Again, I know life happens....if you are running late just let your partner or me know....I will understand!......I will be politely contacting anyone who does not send their box, or does not receive one.....But if someone decides to "flake" on any one of you.....I will be posting their first name & blog on a final post, entitled..."FLAKERS"!.....I know this sounds a bit "mean", but like I have said many times....I will not put up with this disrespectful treatment of the honest, well-meaning women in my swaps!

I apologize for having to take such a firm hand with this situation...I do hope you all understand!....Thank you so much for your participating!...I so look forward to this lovely Very Vintage Valentine Swap!!!......Your friend, Heidi XO

P.S. Any questions about anything, please just ask!

26 comments:

Denise K. January 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

I look forward to participating in my first swap with you, and will be sure to contact you and my partner! This has been a challenging season for us, so I am really looking forward to this cheerful bit of fun in the midst of winter! Thank you for organizing! I promise I won't be a "flaker!" :-)

Gone January 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

BRAVO!!! I totally understand where you're coming from on your post...and I look forward to participating in this swap.

My partner and I have already conversed back and forth a couple of times tonite...and we're both FIRST-TIMERS...and very much excited about this!!

Thanks for hostessing these swaps, Heidi!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Jessica Rodarte January 6, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Flakers are annoying. I agree! Sigh. I am glad to be part of a swap with a no-nonsense hostess! :)

threesidesofcrazy January 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Heidi I will be sure to email you as soon as I mail and again when I receive my package. I'm sure this swap will go much smoother! Lindsey and I have already emailed and are in contact. :)

Anonymous,  January 6, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

I completely agree with everything you've said! I've had a few situations where my partner was a "flaker" and I'm not going to be one of them! I ALWAYS communicate with my swap partners. I hope the swaps I'm hosting right now go smoothly!
Missy

KatCollects January 6, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Heidi,
You are a sweetheart and this is not harsh at all. I recently did a swap where partners were a secret, so the sweet lady who sent me the most amazing things, never got anything from her secret partner. I am making up for that by sending her a box myself. I so wish people would just let the hostess know if there was a problem. I had so much fun with your Halloween swap, and you were so understanding to me when I had surgery and had a problem with doing the Christmas one, you really are a wonderful hostess! Thank you, I'm going to email my partner now : )
Hugs,
Kathy

jayne January 7, 2009 at 2:59 AM  

Hi Heide
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. I really enjoyed your last swap and I think this one will be great also. Have already been in contact with my partner too and she sounds like a lot of fun. She also was burned by a flaker in a swap. I hope I don't disappoint her!!

Unknown January 7, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Thanks again for hosting these great swaps, Heidi. I think the majority of participants want a strong hand monitoring things so we don't get "flaked upon". I agree that people need to send out an email that they have sent a package and when one arrives. I have done giveaways and never heard from the winners after they sent their address. No post, no email, no thanks. It's a simple, practical courtesy.

mommyholly January 7, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Good for you, Momma!!!! I think it is absolutely awful when people flake on these swaps, and you are doing a great job keeping tabs on this swap!!! :) YAY cant wait to start on my box!!! xoxoxox :)

Elise January 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Heidi,
You already know I LOVE my partner!! I cannot believe someone would flake and not send a box, especially when they received one!! Tsk, tsk...
I am so excited about this one!!
Elise

Robin Beck January 7, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Heidi,
Don't apologize for taking a firm hand in this. I hosted a stocking swap and had at least 2 ladies not receive anything. Then one lady got a bunch of garbage and old candy wrapped up and sent to her. There is no excuse for this. I too let everyone know to let me know if they were going to have trouble and I would totally understand~

I respect you so much for having these rules.

I do hope you have a smooth and wonderful swap minus any "flakers" Take Care,
Robin~♥

BailiwickStudio January 7, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

For a minute there I was worried! But I thought, surely you told me you received your Christmas box? And surely you got my gushy notes about the box you sent to me? Then I remembered that the swap we did together wasn't the one you hosted! Phew! ::Jill

AwtemNymf January 7, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

I totally understand where your coming from Heidi! You do what must be done!
I hope you will host another event, as I was fearful of joining. And I'm kicking myself in the patootey for it too as I love Hearts Day! I'm proud of you for tightening the reins on your swap guidelines. Again- it may not be easy, but needs to be done. Noone likes flakers or stealers. And let's not let the bad apples ruin it for the good bunch! You go girl. I'm rotting for you and behind you to support ya!
hugs & Faerie Dust!

Cheryl January 7, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Heidi I truly understand and I am so excited about doing this and I am teamed up with the perfect partner we are so alike. I can't wait this is my first swap!

Peace and Blessings
Cheryl..Snatch JOY!

Decor To Adore January 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Oh I am SO glad that you really are driving this point home. I almost didn't swap this time but thought I'd give it one more shot.

Magnolia Memories08 January 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Heidi is there a reason why you did not include my name to the swap. I responded the day you added the vintage swap button to your site.I really don't understand. I am not one of your flakers. Just thought it would be a fun way to meet other bloggers.
You can let me know
Thanks
Vikki

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Hi Heidi
I signed up for the swap but my name wasn't on the list. Did I miss out? :( please let me know I was looking forward to doing this
thanks
Kim S.

John January 8, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

Wow, Really great idea for Valentine's day celebration. Before read this article i don't know this new type of gifts. Valentine Gifts picture is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing nice information.

Cheryl January 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

I had to stop by again to tell you to stop over to my blog I have an award there for you

Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch Joy

Fleur de Bee January 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Well I for one am not only excited for this swap but I am looking forward to the Flakers list! I totally support you on that one Heidi!

Thanks for all your work on putting this together. My partner is darling!!

xo Molly

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Thanks Heidi My partner and I already were in contact ASAP!!! I am sooo excited for this... thank you for being such a wonderful hostess..
Kim S.

Unknown January 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

Every morning I stop by your blog just to sit in that wonderful room for a bit. I love it, and find it very inspiring. I guess that means I love your taste!

Debb January 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

I sent an email but I quess you didn't get or you think I'm a flake I have done all my swaps but two when I was sick and email the hosts. I host two swap and as a host never recieve my swaps.This is why I don't host any more.

Zinnia's on Melrose January 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I commend you on your post. I was in a Halloween Hat swap about 2 years ago and sent a really awesome hat to my partner and she never sent my swap package. It really sucked and she kept saying she would send it but never did. I almost stopped doing swaps after that but decided to keep going because it is so much fun. Thanks for keeping it real and lettin people know that they can't flake!
HUgs, Tricia

Unknown January 11, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Wow, really very nice information on valentine day celebration in different style. I think we can called this style as a personalized valentine gifts and this type gifts will feel really surprisingly to your loved one. Thanks for your information.

Schotzy January 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Good evening, Heidi! Just wanted to check in and say That I got my package off by priority mail today to Yvonne Beyer. I have already received my lovely package so we should be all great just as soon as she receives hers my midweek next week! Blessings! Carolyn

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP