Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Humble Household "Skirt".....

Monday, January 19, 2009

I am definitely a "jeans girl", but when it comes to my house, I would love to add a "skirt" of two to it's wardrobe!.....I could handle "gathered" or "pleated"..... & would be fine using a "simple cotton or linen"....but have to admit a "toile print" would turn my head!

A "skirt" would so "dress up" my kitchen sink, as well as add "softness" to my bathroom.....

It would not only be a "pretty addition", but one that could also hide all the cabinet contents I would rather not have on display!...... :)

Maybe making up a few of these "household skirts" would be just the ticket for me & my home. Not only would they add that "charmingly quaint feel" of an old manor house,...they just might end up making me reconsider adding a couple "skirts" to my spring wardrobe?...... Enjoy your day!.......Heidi XO



12 comments:

mysteryhistorymom January 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

I ADORE these skirts, Heidi! Any chance you can put any in your shop?? I bet they would have to be custom made?? They are lovely!!! Lori

Lorri January 20, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

I love the look. I wish I had an old farm sink in my kitchen. Thanks for the pictures. Lovely!
Lorri

Lynn Jones January 20, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

Back to your Sunday blog entry, thank you for the kind words for our outgoing president. Keeping us all safe these years since 9/11 was a huge task, and I appreciate your standing up for him.

Liz January 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

I think sink skirts are awesome. I helped my mom make some for her house several years ago. They look great!

Tinyholder January 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

That's a great idea! When we do up our bathroom I'm going to buy a Victorian wash stand and put a basin on top. One of those skirts could be just perfect to hide the pipework. :-)

Patti January 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

I love skirts~ they hide a plethora of "stuff" (in houses as well as on people-lol)

Patti

Sherri January 20, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Heidi, I love those skirts! Thanks for sharing!

Elise January 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

I love, love, love me some skirts!! We had skirts in our first kitchen, having built a table of sorts for the sink. I would love to do that around here too, to give it a more quaint, old-fashioned air. I simply adore the last picture!!
Elise

my7kids January 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Look to me like dust magnets.

Fleur de Bee January 22, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

I have one I did in one of my bathrooms. I have photos of it HERE on my flickr if you would like to see. I love the look and we didn't have our cabinet doors finished and installed yet....but the funny thing is that now that they ARE done, I have left the skirt up. It is so dressy and really the jewelry to that bathroom!

Fun post!

xo Molly

Katy January 29, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I love skirts (to wear...or to use other places..hehe!) and I have a skirt under my kitchen sink! :) I love all the pics you shared! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP