Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Winter Saturday of Sewing & Creating!....

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Which one should I make first?....

"Saturday Morning"!....Oh! I love those two words!...They hold such possibilities!....For me though, they offer "time",..... "time" to get started on my commitment to get back to all my "sewing & quilting"! ...With the holidays & all they entail, I found myself with little time to devote to either of these pastimes.....So now I am so looking forward to a weekend of hiding out in my sewing room,.... & spreading out my fabrics, sorting through all my patterns, for clothes & quilts....& deciding which projects to begin first!.....

I must make a batch of these adorable "berries"!.....
Like many of you, I have far more "ideas" than time,... but that is so not going to stop me!....This last week, I began working on a exciting new decorating project for my dear friend, Susie. Susie & her husband just bought a beautiful home in the hills surrounding San Diego.....They are wanting to "update & redo" it to reflect their own design esthetics,.... so my partner Lauren & I have been two busy girls coming up with the "master plan"!....So needless to say, with all the attention we have been putting into choosing floors, coming up with room schematics & shopping for fixtures & furniture, .....spending Saturday, "quietly sewing" is just what I need!

And charmingly beautiful "bed-linens"....All my rooms are crying out for some of these pretty ideas!....
So Friends, enough blogging!....I wish you all a wonderful winter weekend!......Off to get a large mug of peppermint tea & up the stairs I go!.....Look out fabric!...here I come!.....


13 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME January 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

All looks wonderful...love the middle quilt and love the yo-yo pillow!

Linda Q January 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Beautiful and I hear you! I am so wanting to get back to my creative things, quilting being one of them. I hope to do that after next week!
Linda

Anonymous,  January 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

What gorgeous pictures. I LOVE the red quilt on the right in the first pic. Where did you get the pattern for the strawberries? Or did you design them yourself? I think I must make some of those (yet another project to add to the growing list).
Yes, I agree: Saturday morning holds such promise. Isn't it nice to have that time with no commitments? I spent my Saturday morning getting my hair done. So, maybe Saturday evening will be my time!

Rachel January 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Sorry - I didn't mean to post that last one anonymously. I must have clicked a button...?

Love, Mindy January 10, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Love it all..especially the berries! Cute, cute!!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy January 10, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Such beautiful pictures and wonderful ideas Happy sewing!

Sherri January 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

I think it is great you are getting back to your "crafty" side! I do this every few months! It feels so good. Enjoy and create!!

Anonymous,  January 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Hedi, your berries are very cute. Time is a prescious thing when we don't have much to spare. I love the yoyo pillow cover.

Hugs...Jeanne

Magnolia Memories08 January 11, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

Good morning Heidi I wish I was as creative as you are. I would not know where to start. I have great ideas. What I would give to be able to sew like that.
Have a great day.
Vikki

cathleen January 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

That sounds delightful! Hope you had and are having a wonderful time. Love the pin cushions! I, too, wanted to sew all weekend but...here it is Sunday night already...time goes so fast!!!

Elise January 11, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Oh my goodness, I love the last picture!! I need to make a yo-yo pillow.
Elise

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville January 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

What eye candy in those pics! You need to make and sell some berries!

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

I love that yoyo pillow. I'm in a sprucing up mood.

I haven't heard from you in forever. I hope you are doing well. You haven't disowned me, have you? ;-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP