Related Posts with Thumbnails

Welcome 2009!.....

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The new year is here!...2009!....I really can't quite believe it!....Wasn't it just Halloween?....What happened to November?...& with family visiting for the holidays & so much going on, the days just seemed to fly by..... even with things slowing down a bit these last few days, time still feels like it's going much too fast!
With this in mind....I begin to make up my list of resolutions....I am definitely a "resolution" kind of girl. I enjoy writing down my hopes & dreams for the new year. Somehow putting pen to paper actually makes my commitment much more real,... & for some reason, much more attainable.....I must do it every New Years Day!..... Many of you who feel that after years of not accomplishing your resolutions, you will no longer waste good time in making them, or at the very least make fewer.....But not me!...That is far to sensible!....For me, the process of adding difficult tasks to a yearly list & trying to figure out how to accomplish them is somehow theraputic!.....It makes me "happy" to have a list, sometimes in the double digits,.... of changes I want to make in this new year of 2009!....I feel empowered, with not only a fresh month, but an entire year to see them through!....What an odd creature I am?...odd, but optimistic!
So with "this day" the first of a brand new year....I take that new pad of paper & sharpie & begin my list for 2009!....Some on my list will come to fruition & some will not.... but I will continue my quest for bettering myself & my surroundings....For me it's "tradition"...a tradition I will hold tight to every January 1st......Good Luck with your resolutions &...Happy New Year to you all!......

11 comments:

Gone January 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Happy NEW Year, Heidi!!!

I NEVER make NEW YEAR's resolutions. I make them intermittently throughout the year. I have found that new year resolutions...for most people...only last a couple of weeks. When I do them throughout the year...they really do last...or at least last alot longer! LOL!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Donna @ Party Wishes January 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Love your new header! My resolution is to get my house organized!

Happy New Year!

Patti January 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

I love your new pictures!!! Good for you to make resolutions! I basically don't because I know I won't keep them. Instead I kind of think "words" like intention, create, contentment, believe. These are the words I will be my focus for 2009. Happy New Year! Patti

Neabear January 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

I want to get my house organized and decluttered this year. And finish my many unfinished projects too. I am going to try anyway. I love you new header picture. Is that in your house? Love it!! Happy New Year!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum January 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Your house is beautiful. I'm a list girl too. I wrote 2 of them today for goals for 09.

Cottage Rose January 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Hey Heidi; I used to make some, but never follow through with them. So I just stopped. I think I took the easy way out, I am going to make at least one and stick to it. Even if it kills me.... ha ha

Here's hopping you have a great New Year

Hugs;
Alaura

Stacey January 2, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

That's exactly how I feel about New Year's resolutions. I love the challenge and chance to start new.

Unknown January 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Happy New Year! I guess I need to get started on my 2009 list as well. When did time start going by so fast??!!

cathleen January 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Happy New Year....I really like your new banner. Looking forward to reading more of your comfy cozy blog posts in this new year. Have a great weekend, Heidi.

ShabbyInTheCity January 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

So we realize...tomorrow must be the 4th of July!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP