Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Make Pincushions!.....

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Martha Stewart's "Home Grown Tomato" Pincushions......Aren't these just darling!! I have so been busy organizing my "sewing/craft area" in one corner of our garage! It is finally begginng to take on all the needed characteristics of a wonderful work space!.....A great big "table", lots of "shelves" for fabric, ribbon & notions.... & an "ironing board" all set up & ready for action!....However, while sorting through all the scissors, threads & tape measures, I decided I must have a few new "pincushions"...& I have vowed it is time for some "charming" ones!!!.....So I did a bit of research, & have collected a few "ideas & tutorials", that you too might want to whip up! These are some of the "prettiest" examples I could find,... & ones that any "stray pin" would be proud to call home!....I invite you to take a peek!.....Happy Creating!.......Heidi XO

Anna Maria Horner's "Wild Flower" Pincushion......what wonderful fabrics she has,... & patterns too!....

Heather Bailey's "Patchwork" Pincushion.....another delightful idea from such a talented lady!....


A lovely little "pincushion" by Purlbee, so sweet & simple.......



And Martha Stewart's "Strawberry" Pincushion.....A basket of these would be perfect for Spring!....don't you think?......




22 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage March 21, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

My mom and I were just talking about making a pin cushion today! These ideas are fabulous!

Amy

barb's creations March 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

WOW,I love pincushions and what fabulous designs.Barb

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED March 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Hello Heidi, Thank you for the lovely pincushions! What a nice idea for a quick litle project. Most inspiring. I made some cute hearts not that long ago that I thought would be great pincushions/sewing aids but these are nicer :)
Hope you are well and happy
Irene x

Pink Princess March 22, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Thanks Heidi! Love pincushions too, they are easy to whip up. Going to check out your links :)

Sherri March 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Heidi, those pin cushions are so cute! I just might have to try making them some time!

artis1111 March 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Oh how cute!!! Love these .Kathy

BailiwickStudio March 22, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I love pincushions, too. It's so funny that you have a post about them today! I can't say why exactly - you'll see soon enough, though. lol! xoJill

Elise March 22, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Love all those pincushions!! Have you ever seen the ones made from jelly jars?? Those are so cute with buttons and other bits and bobs in the jars!!
Elise

Grace March 23, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

I love these pin cushions! You are right a basket of the strawberries would be too cute! Grace

Vicki Page March 23, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

What great pincushions I love them all! But what I really love as I scrolled down is you speaking up about Obama and his administration! I agree, the people in this country better wake up and see what's going on in Washington. Good for you to speak up on your blog you make this American proud!

Fleur de Bee March 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Those Strawberries are so much fun to make! I think we should do a Pin Cushion swap...EEK how fun! I'm in!

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

I'm in love with all of these wonderful pincushions. The Heather Bailey designs are my own faves!

Cherry xx

BeadBag March 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

I love the tomato pincushions - will definitely makes some of these.
Thanks for the link.
Kind regards,
Shirley I.

LillyB March 25, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

Great ideas! Thanks for the links too!!
Lilly

Sinta Renee March 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Those pincushions patterns are on my "I want to do" list also! They are so cute.

Michelle Bebe March 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

okay i love your blog! i stumbled across it from a friends and i was wondering...could you add the follow button to it??? i want to keep up with your posts???!!!

thanks!

Susie March 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Heidi, I loved seeing all the different pin cushions, especially loved the tomatoes and strawberries. Take a peek at my website one of these days. I make altered art shoes that can also be used as pin cushions so I am always intriqued by other pincushions.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose
http://www.thepolkadotrose.com

Lisa March 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

OOOOOOOH!!!!! I Live for pin cushions! I have plans to post all about mine. My chicks for this week pink sat are pin cushions, I have too many and am expecting one again soon!
Hugs, Lisa

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP