Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Spring Inspiration In Yellow & White".....(& a comment)

Friday, March 20, 2009


Happy Friday To You All!....Well, it has certianly been an interesting 24 hours!....Let it be a lesson to everyone, that you will get quite "passionate responses" when you blog about anything other than, what I call "pretty topics"!!.....Yesterday's post was about my "personal views" on President Obama & how he is trying to run this country.....Some of you were very supportive, while others were so upset, that you felt the need to not only critisize me, but also some of the people who had left comments for me!?....One lady, even decided to write their own blog post about what I had written, .... "reprimanding me" for speaking of anything other than "pretty topics"..you know decorating, cooking, crafting & swaps!.....In response, I left this comment on her blog......

I just am not sure where to start?....I love having a blog & posting my day to day observations on it. Some days that means posting a recipe, beautifully decorated rooms or maybe just about my everyday life. However, sometimes it also means standing up for what you believe, just as you have done here on your blog....Afterall, isn't that the point of blogging?....You are absolutely right, we all have opinions & sometimes those will differ greatly between us, but that doesn't mean we should simply hide behind the "prettier" topics... the ones that make us feel less uncomfortable. In fact those are the topics that we maybe should be chatting more about?....Maybe that's the reason the country is in the state it's in?....we have trusted our leaders far too long, we have trusted the media far too long & we have trusted our institutions far too long without "speaking out". This has to stop before we find ourselves in a country we simply do not recognize anymore! I will continue to post occasionally about politics on my blog, "Foxgloves,Fabric and Folly", and stand proud doing so....Just as I will also post about quilting, swaps & gardening! I invite you to visit & participate with me. Afterall, "honest free speech" & "differing opinions" is what this country was founded on...& I for one plan on continuing that tradition.....Your friend, Heidi XO

So with this said, I am now continuing with today's "pretty things" post! :)......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"SPRING INSPIRATION IN YELLOW & WHITE".....

Tulips, white ironstone egg cups & daffodils!....... I simply adore the Spring color combination of "yellow & white"!......So with today's post I would like to pay tribute to this "classic pair"!......Whether it be flowers, or interior design or even a simple dessert, nothing makes as beautiful a statement as "yellow & white" does!....So fresh, so innocent &.... oh! so! "welcoming"!.....Maybe it's just that we have been so deprived of "color" for so long during the winter months, that "Mother Nature understood", & in turn decided to treat us to "daffodils & sunshine", as the first "Signs of Spring".....Whatever the reason, I will look forward to "yellow & white" gracing my table, my home, & my life,... every year..... come "Spring".......

" Lemon Meringue Pie"...... Recipe courtesy of "Country Living Magazine"...amazingly good!.....

Daffodils, daffodils & more daffodils!!!!!!!......



Even our homes, can take on an "inspiring feel" with "Spring Yellow & White".....




23 comments:

Emily March 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I'm glad there are still people out there that stand up for what they believe in and not just talk about the pretty things in life!

Joanne Kennedy March 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Good for you! It's your blog and you talk about anything you like. If others don't want to talk about that subject then they can move on and come back on the "Pretty day" talks.

Hugs,
Joanne

Kim March 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Your blog is beautiful.

Regarding your previous posting I highly recommend the book "The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression" by Amity Shlaes--I think you would appreciate her analysis.

The Rustic Victorian March 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

You Go Girl !!! Beautiful photos !!! I am new here and enjoying my self emensly.
Marcie

Sherri March 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Heidi, I am proud of you for speaking your mind. A person has the right to read your blog or not to read it. Your blog should be a reflection of you and you should be able to stand up for yourself and what you believe in. Sometimes people just live with their heads in the sand and just want a "pretty" world and sometimes the world just isn't "pretty". Keep on keeping on!

Kass March 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

You go girl- you say what you want.. Ill keep reading.We still have free speech...for now. All I gotta say id thank Gd I had such a small following- my blog was so new- in November - I love to blog bout my grand-babies,food, movies,favorite shows etc but I do sometimes have to speak my mind about politics a well- which we are able to do in this great country of ours.. Happy Spring!

Fleur de Bee March 20, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

I loved your post yesterday. Not because I agreed with you but because you took the courage to post your views in public. In my 7 years of blogging I have done the same and sadly received the same treatment! That is why I comment that I don't bring it up on my blog. I reserve that for my personal, password, invite only blog. I couldn't get away from the naysayers so I took it private mode....but here on my pretty blog I just do pretty. I think some people forget that under all our pretty we each have our own set of values and beliefs and it is important to recognize that in each of us to bring out this "world peace" so often spoken about. Again...thanks for sharing and I am happy you did...now off to relax in my own yellow(-ish) living room...ah SPRING!!!

xo Molly

The Cutest Cottage Lamps March 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Well Heidi, not too long ago president Bush had haters all over the internet, news media, wherever you looked or read, even mean bumper stickers! I have never responded to those that didn't like Bush, because it's just their opinion, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, they are up in arms and should get over it! You and all of us can still say what we know and believe and be proud to do it! THIS IS STILL AMERICA! Freedom of speech is STILL OUR RIGHT! SO YOU GO GIRL - AND HAPPY SPRING TOO!
Marilyn

Unknown March 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

It almost seems that people are trying to "convert" each other to their thinking. I like hearing opinions that differ from mine so I can research what is being said and add it to my knowledge base. Sometimes I find that my perception was incorrect about an issue, and other times what I read was just rhetoric/propaganda the other person had been fed and believed without researching.
You should be proud that something you wrote got people thinking and even got someone thinking so much she wrote a post about it! She may not like what you had to say, and you may not like what she wrote, but your both being active citizens, and that's what's important. Keep on goin' Heidi!

simple~needs March 20, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

heidi, i had missed your previous post , so i went back and read it...
i just want to say kudos to you!!
i love your blog, i love the feeling of being able to chat about home stuff , politics and all the good stuff that comes between . :)
thats what makes it a great blog! you are a wonderful, unique person who blogs for YOU. afetr all its your blog! i hate folks who go with the crowd. there has to be a voice, to stand out , to make others think. and by golly, i think you got it! :)

Sara March 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Good for you! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially on their own blog! I love your blog, and you have every right to talk about whatever you want!

KatCollects March 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Different opinions is what makes the world go around : ) I love the flowers in the egg cups, what a cute idea! Thank you for the smile.
Hugs,
Kathy

Rhondi March 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Hi Heidi
I'm with you girlfriend. I am very upset with the state of things in our country these days! It's your blog, talk about what ever you want. And I think it's time more of us started talking about what's happening in our nation.
Rhondi xo

Liz March 21, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

Now Heidi... I don't come to your blog to read about pretty things, swaps, and Spring. I come here to hear about Mr. President. I'm not going to read your blog anymore. ;) ;) ;) I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. LOL!!!!!!!

Elise March 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Well Heidi, I don't know if I would have been so nice. Good for you standing up for what you {and I} believe. I love your pretty posts but I also think sometimes not so "pretty" things need to be shared.
Elise

Bonnie March 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Well...isn't it always a mixed bag? I post my personal feelings on my blog all the time but no one leaves me nasty comments. 'course, I don't have much in the way of readers, either so... :) I think it's incredibly important to speak out on those things that are important to us. Healthy debate keeps our minds strong and the Bible says "iron sharpens iron." People will always disagree - you can't please all the people all the time, right? I think it's a shame when they have to resort to name-calling and mud-dragging. I had a 7th grade teacher, though, that told me (I dealt with some pretty nasty reactions to something I'd written in 7th grade... imagine that...)that those who respond in insults are just jealous 'cause their vocabulary isn't all that good. :) It may not always fit the situation but it takes me back, helps me laugh and usually difuses any anger or frustration I might feel about a situation. It's your blog. It's your opinion. Share away! I, for one, am going to keep reading - even if I disagree! Blessings.

artis1111 March 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

It is your blog and you CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!If they don't like it they can go read something else! I am loveing the yellow. Kathy

Cottage Rose March 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Hey Heidi; Good for you Heidi, we all should be able to write about what we wish too, and I admire you for standing up to your belief's. Now about your pretties,,, I love the beautiful yellows, oh and that pie I would love to have a huge slice it you please...... lol

Hugs;
Alaura

Tanya Peacock March 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Amen Sistah! Jeez... it's your blog... shouldn't you be able to write what you want? No one is holding anyone's face to the laptop forcing one to read... and whatever happened to freedom of speech? maybe that's the next thing to go under the current administration...

Kimberly March 23, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Why don't people realize that if they don't like what a blogger has written they can ignore it...hit the little 'x' at the top right corner and close that page and not look at it anymore. On your blog you can post what you want within the confines set by Blogger...shoot, get your own url and then you can post pretty much anything you want...cause its YOURS.

I encourage you to keep writing what you want to and even ignore those mean comments...they fizzle out when they get no attention.

Hugs, Heidi!

LillyB March 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM  

Brava!! My Blog...my rules LOL Stand up America!!!! We live in a country where we have the RIGHT to agree or disagree Praise God! And we should exercise that RIGHT. Good for you!!!Okay sorry I got carried away!! I love your blog!
Your photos are beautiful! I am so happy Spring has sprung! We have showers headed this way but I can tolerate that more than the cold!

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

I just found your blog today and let me say BRAVO!!!!! If there were more folks such as yourself who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, our country would be in immensely better shape!! You go girl, and God bless!
Jaybird

Jaybird February 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

I am only a year or two late finding your blog, but I am SO impressed that you have the courage to say what you think and stand up for what you believe in!!!
I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! and I'm glad that I found you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP