Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Our Christmas Tree".....

Sunday, December 20, 2009

This year I am truly enjoying our Christmas tree. It is 7 feet tall & a bit skinny, not the huge tree of years past, however it is possibly the most charming tree we have ever had!.....Every year we decorate our tree with old-fashioned glass ornaments & this year is not an exception. Our collection of ornaments are simply "clustered" on every branch, creating a tree that appears encrusted with "glittery enchantment".....I just LOVE it!.....I added the first quilt I ever hand-quilted as a "tree skirt", which lends a very homemade touch to our tree! I believe our cat "Mouse" may appreciate it almost as much as I do!.....She loves to snuggle under it's branches & fall asleep!

Some of the ornaments I have had for years like this little Santa/pinecone one!....& this long "pink" ornament was given to me by my girls when they were just old enough to be allowed to shop a little on their own. They were so proud of this beautiful "bauble"!....thinking it quite chic!

Another favorite is this incredible vintage inspired ornament, all wrapped in gold mesh tinsel!.....So very sweeet!...Mixing all the colors & styles creates such a personal tree, one that is truly our own. Each time I walk past it during the day, I have to take a minute to gaze & smile, remembering the story behind each ornament......I love that our tree evokes memories of years past.... & am quite sure that this year's tree will be the subject of future remembrances....Enjoy these lovely days leading to Christmas!......Your friend, Heidi XO
"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other."......Burton Hills




9 comments:

Anonymous,  December 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

So cute gifts collections.Thanks Heidi Ann for sharing.Wish you a joyful Xmas n New Year in advance.

LoL:)
Anniversary Bonanza Christmas Gift Ideas Hyderabad|Send New Year gift India,Win Ipod

♥ Noelle ♥ December 21, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

very pretty things! your kitty looks so cute too:)

happy holidays hun ♥

simi December 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Thanks for nice info.

We wish you a Merry Christmas.
http://FreeAdsAmerica.com

Miss Rhea December 21, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Your tree is so pretty, but your Kitty steals the show :) Merry Christmas ! Happy Belated pink Saturday !!! :)

Cottage Rose December 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Your tree is so very pretty.. Love your sweet little mouse under it...

From our house to yours we wish you

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,,,,,,,,

Hugs;
Alaura

Kathy December 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Your tree is gorgeous, Heidi! Love your beautiful ornaments.

It's been a while since I visited you and I enjoyed looking at your posts today. I haven't been very active in blogging this year but I've missed it and am getting back into the "habit"!

Wishing you a blessed Christmas a new year.
xo...Kathy

BailiwickStudio December 23, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Merry Christmas Heidi!Your tree looks lovely! ::Jill

Bumpkin Hill December 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Love your tree. I too love to remember each memory with each special ornament, really a memory tree :) Merry Christmas to you and your family my Friend, Catherine x

Fabulously French December 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

Love the photos.

Wishing you and your family a tres joyeux noel.

Leeann x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP