Related Posts with Thumbnails

PINK SATURDAY..."Our Favorite Ornaments"....

Saturday, December 12, 2009

This week our hostess Beverly, at "How Sweet The Sound" has asked us to write about our favorite "Christmas ornament".......Every since I was a little girl, my very favorite ornaments were the "old-fashioned glass ones". I adore everything about them!...their whimsical shapes, the variety of colors & the illuminating effect they have when clustered on the branches of our Christmas tree!.....

For a long time now, I have collected a few of these ornaments throughout each year, always drawn to the ones that are slightly "worn & imperfect"!.....I love the ones that are soft red & cream, but have a soft spot for the brighter colors as well!

I have always loved the idea that "old things" have stories to tell, they have a history not found in the newly-made....So as we decorate our tree each year, I try & imagine what some of these stories are. My imagination can't help but weave some enchanting images of Christmases past....of families like ours gathering to decorate their tree many, many years ago.

And at the same time, I realize that as "we" unpack & enjoy these "treasured glass ornaments", we are continuing the legacy of the Christmas tradition,.... one of family,.. faith & a few shiny baubles".........Happy decorating!!.....Heidi XO

21 comments:

LADY JANE December 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM  

Beautiful ornaments...bautiful post! Happy PS to you!

HiHo December 12, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

old ornaments are the best ornaments! I know what you mean about the past, I always wonder when looking into old mirrors about who has gazed before me. Your ornaments are lovely.HP, Heidi

Claudia December 12, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

I feel the same way...I collect vintage glass ornaments as well. I love the patina and the history behind them. Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown December 12, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

Beautiful photograph of glass ornaments on that silver tray. I love old glass ornaments, the shapes, the colors and the designs.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Karen

Lori Lynn December 12, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

I, too, love old ornaments!! I still have a few that were on our tree when I was little!!

♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ HAPPY PINK SATURDAY ♥

NicNacManiac December 12, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Your photo is beautiful...the ornaments are beautiful and your words are inspiring! Happy PS!!

Glennis December 12, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Oh, I totally agree with you that old things have a story to tell. They are precious. My family's decorations are gone, but we (my husband and son and I) have over the years gathered some things that hold memories to pass on.

Lovely post for Pink Saturday.

Cathy December 12, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

I just love the white ornaments. So crisp and clean and very elegant.

Have a great weekend.

Cathy

BailiwickStudio December 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

I feel just the same about my ornaments! I love seeing them emerge from their tissue wrapping every year. ::Jill

caren December 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

They are so beautiful! They just don't make them like that anymore.... Happy Pink Saturday!

Cottage Rose December 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Hi Heidi; Your lovely story has brought back some sweet memories of mine as well. We used to have the same kind of ornaments on our tree when I was small,,,love your soft creamy ones,,, so pretty.. Happy Pink Saturday,, and have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Sherri December 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Heidi, I love those beautiful ornaments! Thanks for sharing! John and I are decorating our tree tonight!

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage December 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

I love the old ornaments too. There is just something so special about them & where they have been.
xo Tami

Mollye December 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Yep I agree they are beautiful and I just wish I had kept even half of what we had when I was a child.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces December 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Those ornaments are beautiful!

Happy Holidays!

Julia

♥Mimi♥ December 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

We don't need elaborate decorations or a big tree or numerous gifts under a tree. All any of us needs is to carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and to share it all year long with everyone we meet.

Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Yes, I'm crazy about ♥PINK♥ but I'm also devoted to visiting some of the nicest blogs in cyberspace.

Hoping your weekend is filled with peace.

GwendolynKay December 13, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

Your vintage white ornaments are very lovely. Blessings!
Gwen

Nanna December 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

beautiful ornaments, happy pink sat.

Helen

Sarah December 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Heidi, I agree that these vintage glass ornament are charmers. I wish I had the ones that hung on our family tree. I really have no idea what happened to them. I need to ask my sister if she has them.
Enjoyed your post. ~ Sarah

Kathy December 18, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I love the old ornaments too - yours are beautiful. When my husbands parents passed away we found dozens of those wonderful old glass ornaments. I gave them to my daughter. They now cover her 9 foot foyer tree - so pretty!

Merry Christmas...Kathy

Amisha December 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

I love your Xmas stocking picture!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP