Related Posts with Thumbnails

Simple "Red & Green"...the Colors of the Season.....

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A "regal red amaryllis", tucked in a bed of pinecones & boxwood!.....so amazing!!
No one loves a box of "color crayons" as much as I do!...All those amazing shades of color!....But when December arrives, ..."red & green" are the two colors that I love most!!......Sometimes I like to mix it up with a "brighter green & a softer red", or a "fire-engine red & a soft gray-green", but for me there is no doubt what colors I will be decorating with!.....It will always be "red & green"!......

Using these classic Christmas colors, really simplifies my holiday decorating!.....I love the various shades of "green",...boughs of cedar, sprigs of boxwood & tiny ivy plants are what I am using this year!...along with "red" of berried branches & big bowls of fresh apples!....

I always am keeping my eyes open for little green & red "vintage pieces" that I can use throughout the year, as well as at Christmastime!...This photo from Country Living magazine, is a perfect example of mixing antique bits & pieces!...How charming!.....old red-patterned dishes, mixed with small, green, cut-glass votive cups!.....& then adding the tiny red mailing tag...creates the perfect holiday tablesettting!

And this might be the easiest & quickest idea ever....nestling small evergreen shrubs amongst shiny red apples!!!.....Super simple & super pretty!!.....And the wonderful aroma!....
So this Christmas, I am once again relying on my favorite holiday colors,.... "red & green"!....I feel like they are "old friends" returning once again for a visit....one I look forward to year after year....Heidi XO


3 comments:

Sherri December 2, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Heidi, I love green and red also! Love all the decorating ideas! BTW, I mailed my Swap box!

Tardevil December 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Cracker Barrel has some nice faux antique red cut glass votives this Christmas.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP