Related Posts with Thumbnails

Remembering Our Country Home in New York...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I awoke this morning, and for whatever reason, maybe just the time of year,... I was missing our house, barn & 31 acres in rural, upstate New York. As much as I do love it here in Valley Center, there is a part of almost everyday, where my thoughts turn to the home we left a couple of years ago,... deciding to move back to California. Our property back east was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Our house & barn, were tucked right in the middle of 8 acres of grass, with the extraordinarily green hills, meadows & woodland looking down upon us. As you turned onto our long, skinny gravel driveway, you would pass a little pond nestled into yet another grove of trees. It was so quiet that all you could hear were the birds and the occasional sound of a neighbor's truck in the distance. Although modest in many respects, our country home in New York may very well be the one I remember most fondly.

Our "white house".....sitting a top all that green, with all that blue above....



Looking down the road, from our driveway....trees just beginning to leaf out....


Our little pond, as you drive up to the house....


A lovely view of our house, the barn & the woods behind....


Our "upper meadow"...looking out toward neighboring farms....

5 comments:

mommyholly April 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

:( I miss that house so much!!!! I migh have to steal a few of those photos for my own blog hehe!

Tinyholder April 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Wow, it looks beautiful. I think I'd like it there, it looks like a similar climate to here! It must be so nice to have lots of land like that, we don't generally (unless you are seriously, seriously rich) have that luxury in the UK!

Thanks for you lovely comment on my blog, it's so nice to know that people enjoy reading my random ramblings. The other half has given me permission to use his digital camera so I'm planning to take some better pictures of all my recent activities and it would be nice to take some pictures of the garden.

FrenchGardenHouse April 22, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

What a beautiful place, the house, the property, absolutely lovely. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I love yours too!
xo Lidy

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons April 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Heidi, I am so enjoying your blog posts! I will be sharing your blog link with friends, as I have already bragged about you so much after attending your classes.
I also wanted to share this site with you (although you may already be aware of it) thepioneerwoman.com - if you haven't already been there, you will love it! I think you are kindred spirits!! I am always reminded of you when I am perusing her collections, recipes and ramblings!
{{hugs}}

Ragged Roses April 23, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

What a beautiful house, it looks wonderful. It reminds me of the house in Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House with Cary Grant. You must have had such wonderful times living there.
Kimx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP