Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Darling Idea".....

Saturday, March 20, 2010

O.K....not that I need to move to want to decorate my house, but a "new space" definitely spurs on my "re-decorating tendencies"!....Through the years, I have always favored a " country farmhouse feel",... with a bit of elegance thrown in for good measure. And in amongst all the worn wood finishes & antique toolboxes, this girl definitely needs a bit of glitz in the mix,....usually in the way of a drippy chandelier or a few mercury glass candlesticks!

So with decorating on my mind, I was thumbing through a few old magazines & came across this "darling idea"!...An idea I am so going to try!.....Making "drapery tie-backs" from "butter-pat plates"!....I already have a huge addiction to china, especially plates, so this project is perfect for me!

All you need is a large flat head screw, a washer & a butter-pat plate. You take the washer & put the screw through it, then super-glue the plate to the screw/washer & you have it!...The most charming drapery tieback ever!...

So this week, I will be looking through my stash of tiny plates & deciding which ones will accessorize my drapery panels!....So easy & so pretty!

Enjoy your Sunday!......Your friend, Heidi XO

7 comments:

Shawnee March 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

How adorable! Great idea!!

-Shawnee
PS - I have a new apron swap open (no charge) -- hope you can join!

http://flirtyapronswap.blogspot.com

Sherri March 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

Heidi, what a fabulous idea!! I can't wait to see the ones you make!

Candi March 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

What a great idea:) I'll be watching to see what you make:) Thanks for sharing/
hugz:)

Fleur de Bee March 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

You never cease to amaze me!! FAB FAB FAB Idea!! You know I'll be trying this one this week. I think I'll actually take a teacup and apoxy it to it's saucer then attach them to the wall. I'll post a photo when complete IF it looks halfway decent LOL!

xo

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography March 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Hello Heidi...what a great idea!!! I love china to and I need tiebacks so this would be right up my alley. Hm...I'll have to go through my 'stuff' and see what I can find and if I can't find anything I like then I'll hit the thrift shop or the flea market. Thanks for the great inspiration! Have a wonderful day (Tuesday) Maura

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP