Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Rag Ball Easter Eggs"....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This is an article I wrote in the March/April issue of my newsletter, "Living Little with Heidi"....thought you might all enjoy it with Easter right around the corner!

“Rag Ball Easter Eggs”
**************************************
Easter at our house,… always involves “branches, blooms & a variety of eggs“. Last year, I decided I wanted to create something new, so I created the “Rag ball Easter egg”. Loving the look of rag balls, I basically made these exactly the same way, wrapping thin strips of lightweight cotton around styrofoam eggs. After completely covering the styrofoam , I hot-glued tiny “paper flowers”, (that I had punched out from scrap- booking paper)….scattering them all over the fabric wrapped eggs!.....

And then as a final touch, I simply added plain, little buttons to the middle of each flower!

I was very pleased with how these charming eggs turned out!….& decided to show them off by suspending them with fishing line, from a branch I plucked from the back yard!.. This year I plan on making a few more. After all, can anyone ever have too many decorated eggs?
Happy preparing!.....Heidi XO
Note: If you would like to receive "Living Little with Heidi", please just contact me at "heididevlin@gmail.com"

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

HI Heidi Ann! Oh, these are so cute and I believe you are the most creative one!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0

GwendolynKay March 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

These are very cute and charming. I may have to give them a try.
Blessings!
Gwen

♥ Noelle ♥ March 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

super cute!! i love crafting with buttons!

Gail March 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

These are very cute, Heidi. I like the idea, and being a quilter, I have lots of fabric scraps. LOL.

Happy PS

Pieces of Dreams March 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog and I have enjoyed every creative minute! They are so charming! Looks like a fun thing to do with a group of people!

Thanks for the visit, Karen

Jeni March 31, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Holy Cow! Now I am motivated! I love the extra large stick trees...well I love everything.

Happy Easter!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP