Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Guests Rooms".....

Monday, June 23, 2008

The last few days, here in Southern California have been outrageously "hot"...As high as, 107 degrees at our house here in Valley Center!... Yikes!.....the "heat" coupled with the fact that we hosted "company" over the weekend, really made me think about the "Summer Guest Room" & making them feel comfortable.....You may think this is a somewhat "odd" topic, but hear me out. Making up a room for guests always reminds me of how "I" like to be treated when visiting.
First of all, it is so important to have a "comfortable bed"....crisp linens, with the fragrance of fresh air....an extra blanket at the foot of the bed... & plenty of plumped-up pillows!....At our house the "guest room" is usually one, where it's regular inhabitant has been "kicked out" or "relocated",....expected to sleep on the couch or double up with a sibling. :)... Whichever way you work it out, it's always so appreciated to offer a a quiet room for a guest. When company arrives, take a little extra time to make sure the bed they are sleeping in is incredibly comfortable!....Nothing needs to be expensive or extravagant....just well-thought out. Adding fresh flowers, candles with wonderful aromas, and a few currant magazines/books is always appreciated.
And making sure that the nearest bathroom, even when sharing, has more than enough towels, a few "new" shampoos, a fresh bar of soap & maybe an extra toothbrush, are all signs that the hosting family really cares about it's guests!
And when the temps. hover around 100 degrees,... make sure "fans are fanning" & "air conditioning is working"!
By making sure your guests are well-attended to,... you will not only make them want to visit again...but it will also make them feel like family & that they truly belong in your home.....

A perfect example of the most welcoming of "summer guest rooms".......


" Fresh & Floral".....so wonderful to crawl between these sheets!..... Love this pattern!...........


Even a "quiet corner" of a room, can be the sweetest accomodation for your summer company!


Forget the guests!.....I feel a nap coming on!......

NOTE: Remember to leave a comment about taking part in "Let's Go On Vacation"...this Thursday! Meet new people & travel the world!...all the while relaxing in your own home!

10 comments:

Anonymous,  June 24, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

So, so true. I love staying in guest rooms that have been thoughtfully prepared.

Our guest room has a Laura Ashley comforter that I adore. The room is a soft green with touches of pink. My son teases me when he sleeps in there because the room definitely leans toward the feminine side.

colleen June 24, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

We will be adding a guest room this fall and I can't wait to finally have one!!! Right now we do the 'ol 'kick one of the kids out of their room' thing! The rooms you showed are beautiful....

Carol June 24, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Gorgeous Guests Room's....don't you just want to jump into one of those lovely cosy beds!
Carolx

Mya June 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

I am getting my post ready for vacation. I can't wait. I can feel the ocean at my feet now. My bags are packed and I am ready to go.
-Mya

Mya June 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Heidi,
When I said I was getting ready for vacaion I meant our blogging trip together. I will be posting a trip on thursday. That is too funny. LoL
I guess my message was very confusing now that I reread it. Count me in for the vritual trip. I wish I was really going to the beach.
-Mya

Shirl June 24, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Hello Heidi, I've decided to go on vacation with you all! We are not going to the beach this year until Sept. so it will be nice to enjoy some vacation pics now.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Heidi June 24, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

Hi Heidi! This is funny as I just added a new little decoration to my guest room. You can see it if you pop over to my handwork blog NeedleNecessities. I agree that a guest room should be a pretty and inviting place to stay. In my case, my mother says it is not the guest room but HER room. LOL! Well she does use it the most so I guess she is right. I bought her a new bed and she and my step father said it is like sleeping in a giant pillow as it was so comfy. How is that for a compliment? While reading this, I got the idea it would be fun to find some old fashioned hand fans to put in there. I love fanning myself when it gets hot. I keep on in my purse in the summertime. Humm...eBay here I come.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Sondra June 25, 2008 at 5:27 AM  

We most likely won't have a guest room until we're empty nesters, but I'd sure settle for my own room looking like that! I'd even share it with guests... LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Rue June 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

Hi Heidi :)

I really wish I had a guest room. I'm hoping we'll have one soon :) These rooms were gorgeous!

rue

Donna June 26, 2008 at 5:52 AM  

I feel the same way about the guest room ~ I try to make it just the way I would like it if I had to sleep there.
Hugs,
Donna

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP