Related Posts with Thumbnails

My LOVE of......."OLD WHITE HOUSES".......

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A lovely "Victorian" home..........that little "turret space" would make quite a sewing room!

I've always loved "old white houses",... ever since I was a little girl. Two years ago, while living in a rural area in upstate New York, we were fortunate enough to own one! I absolutely LOVED it!...It was two story, very classic and sat upon a hill, right in the middle of 8 acres of the greenest grass. It was not terribly old, but being a white farmhouse was enough to make me very happy! ( it is pictured & written about in my April 22nd blog, "Remembering Our Country Home in New York").
The other day Annie, from "Firefly Hill Style"( you must go visit her lovely blog & shop!!) asked if the photo on the right side of my blog was my own home?....I had to be honest & answer "no"....but it is one of my very favorites!....Since living back east, I have started collecting every picture of lovely "old white houses" I can find!..... I know....a bit neurotic, but I miss my house, & if gathering photos of others makes me less sad, then you can bet it is a collection I will continue.
So tonight I am posting a few examples of "old white houses" that make my heart sing! I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy the collecting them!......

This is the Connecticut home of decorator, Bunny Williams. It's old, white & extraordinary!....


A charming "white cottage" in the countryside........

Look at this wonderful house!....Three stories!...Can you imagine?......
Just the sweetest, little house...& that exquisite garden!!!...I could just move right in!

8 comments:

mommyholly June 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

I LOVE-O that awesome 3-story business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Sign me up!! How do I get moved in there?! :)

Anonymous,  June 16, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

I love old white houses, and I love Bunny Williams. You are a kindred spirit.

Maybe one day you will have another old white house. There are a few lovely ones around here. I will take pictures for you one day.

Donna June 16, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

I love the three story house and the cottage!
I often picture myself living in places like these!
Hugs,
Donna

cathypentonatelier June 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

I so love white...these houses are just gorgeous I can definitely understand why you like them. Take care Cathy

colleen June 16, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

I live in a white house but it looks nothing like any of these!!! Oh well...I can' dream right? :)

Tracy June 17, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

Home sweet home...all of them! LOL! Soooo beautiful they all are. I adore old white places too. Happy Days ((HUGS))

Julia @ Hooked on Houses June 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Ooh, I love old white houses, too. These are beautiful. -Julia

TIG June 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

These are all beautiful, especially the first one, which is stunning.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP