Related Posts with Thumbnails

Off To England.....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Vacation has finally arrived....& I have chosen to spend the entire summer in the English countryside. Not to say I'm not interested in what London or any larger city has to offer, but this summer is about "rural living". Anyone who knows me well, understands that I have always wanted to travel or maybe even live for a while in England. So this is my opportunity! Now I said rural living, but I don't intend to"'rough it"...In fact, I am planning a slightly grand "holiday".......... As soon as my family & I arrived this morning, we rented a car & started our lovely drive. The landscape is so very green & the air so fresh. We wind along narrow roads that take us by storybook cottages & still ponds,... our anticipation mounting with every turn.

And then through the trees, we realize we have arrived....."St. Catherine's Court". This historic house has been around since medievel times. It was once owned by the English actress Jane Seymour, but was then sold late in 2007. During the years in which Miss Seymour owned the home, she was only able to enjoy it a few months of the year, so in turn she began offering it for rent. I am not sure what St. Catherine's new owners are doing with the house now, but for the purposes of my" dream vacation blog", I am pretending that we have been granted access to use it as our "summer home"!.....It is quite large, & rumored to have a few friendly ghosts keeping house as well,.... Therefore, I, being a true believer, thought it might be a good idea to invite lots of our friends & family to join us for our "dream vacation"!.......... A bit less spooky with lots of people around!

This summer I am planning on immersing myself in the novels of Jane Austin...I plan on taking long walks & exploring St. Catherine's incredible grounds & attending services at the home's own "chapel". There is tennis to be played & horses to be ridden.....& many days spent, with "relaxing"being the top priority.
We have just arrived, & I already know this will be an extraordiary experience for our entire family! We will be living a small bit of history, by choosing to enjoy this glorious home for the summer months ahead!
After a long day of traveling, I will be retiring to this incredibly charming bedroom....Can you believe it?...My "dream vacation coming true".... time to turn in now, ....Good Night All...........See you back in the states!.....Love, Heidi

Note: Holly & I wanted be sure & thank all of our " friends" that chose to participate in our "let's go on VACATION" blog!...We are both fairly new to all this, so it means a great deal to us, that you cared enough to be part of it! To those of you who "joined us on vacation" & for those of you who are just enjoying reading about them, ...again we thank you!

1. Heidi from Foxgloves, Fabric & Folly
2. Alicia from Butterfly*Gems
3. Cecilia from Nifty
4. Madrin Designs
5. Tonya from PuddinPop
6. Mallory from Mallory D. and her Big Bodacious Blooms
7. Rachel from Cherry Tree Lane
8. BJ from Sweet Nothings
9. Jeanne from Backyard Neighbor
10. Mya from Creative Musings
11. Vintage Girl at Heart
12. Diane at A Picture is Worth 1000 Words
13. BrainMosaic
14. Cole from My Menagerie
15. Kari and Kijsa from Ask Kari and Kijsa
16. Beverly from How Sweet the Sound
17. Molly from Molly B.'s
18. Rhonda from Scooterblu's Whimsy
19. Shaybert from thirtyandholding
20. Joanna at Sweet Finds
21. Brittainy at The Litany of Brittainy
22. Melissa at The Inspired Room
23. Shirl at Shirl's Rose Cottage
24. Jan and Tom's Place
25. Jill at Bailiwick Designs
26. Schotzy at Wings of Eagles

**It is never too late to sign up... please post a blog with your dream vacation still, and email me! Ill add your blog to the list so you won't miss out. :)

23 comments:

Anonymous,  June 26, 2008 at 4:24 AM  

Heidi, I just got back from Venice with Holly, and I rushed out the door to join you in the English countryside.

I have to say that your vacation is right up my alley - quiet, rest and luxury. You chose the perfect place to spend the summer.

My I have a scone with some clotted cream and a cup of tea?

Schotzy June 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM  

I am sure that we will cross paths somewhere in time, because we are definitely kindred spirits! I am keeping your itinary bookmarked for future reference! Lovely!!!

Gone June 26, 2008 at 5:31 AM  

Love it!! Awesome. I am making plans to stay in St. Catherine's Court, since I am a "personal friend of Jane Seymour" (dream vacation, right?). I'll be sure to take my movies, especially "Somewhere In Time", Jane's movie filmed here in Michigan, on Mackinac Island in 1979.

~Blessings,
Jan

Gone June 26, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

Heidi...one last thing...if you wouldn't mind, just put my name, JAN, in front of our BLOG name.

Thanks,
of course,Jan

Donna June 26, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

Hi Heidi Ann,
Your English vacation sounds absolutely fabulous! It's the place I would choose for sure!

I've got some catching up to do now, I feel like I've been away forever!

Hugs,
Donna

Unknown June 26, 2008 at 5:48 AM  

Beautiful pictures! I am going to add you to my post. Sorry I didn't realize you were a hostess for this event too!

Shirl June 26, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Hello Heidi, what a beautiful vacation on the English Countryside! A place I'd love to go but to chicken to fly! I will have to dream about vacations like this, thanks to the travel channel, blogs like yours and good books I can. Thank you so much for hosting such a fun post!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose COttage

mommyholly June 26, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

WOW mama!!!!!! Can I go with you, too????!!!! :) Jane lived in quite the home, didn't she?! LOVE the vacation post!!! xoxox

Cessan June 26, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Rural England really is beautiful! This is so great from Corfu, Greece to this! I'm loving this! :-)

Britt June 26, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

this has been so fun! what a great idea!! i'm new to blogger too and this has been such a fun way to get to know people!

Ragged Roses June 26, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Gosh you're having a good time on your holidays! I shall keep a look out for you when I'm out walking (mind you I would have to be out on a pretty long walk!), I'll carry a copy of a Jane Austen too so that you'll know it's me. Have fun!
Kimx

Mya June 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Heidi,
Beautiful english country side. Love It! I would like a room in the castle if you have any to spare. Well I have been to Italy and now England who knows where I will travel next :)
-Mya

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda June 26, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

Heidi, Great post, great picture, and great vacation destination! I would so love to go to England! And yes, you can have first dibs on the castle with the yellow flowers, in my Scotland post! I'll be satisfied with any of them...just love castles! Oh, and maybe we will be neighbors...YOOHOO!!! :)

Thanks for hosting this fun event!

Hugs, Rhonda

TIG June 26, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

Heidi Ann, your vacation sounds just perfect! Sounds wonderfully relaxing and idyllic. {Visit here for some more glimpses of the English countryside . . .}

Tinyholder June 26, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Good choice, I think I would enjoy a holiday like that and I live here! Btw I have posted my vacation. :-)

molly June 26, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

I want to go with you!!!I have always wanted to do just that myself -forget the big cities! Thanks for hosting the vacation today it has been fun!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room June 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Ah, yes. My kind of bliss!

Happy dreaming!

xoxo

Mallory June 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

What a super-stellar castle! I think I will squish myself into your suitcase next time and join in on the fun!!!!!!! hehe love, daughter

Mallory June 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

What a super-stellar castle! I think I will squish myself into your suitcase next time and join in on the fun!!!!!!! hehe love, daughter

Tonya June 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

I somehow knew you would be going to England, Heidi : D What a beautiful trip you took, nice and relaxing with gorgeous scenery!

I really enjoyed doing this!

Shirl June 26, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

Hello Heidi, thank you so much for stopping by. Thank you too for adding me to you favorites, I'm adding you too! I guess I goofed up, I did a real vacation not a virtual one. Oh well, I must have read you description to quick and missed that. Anyhow it's still the place I would go no matter virtual or not.
Blessings, Shirl

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda June 26, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

Hi Heidi, I just came back to check out the link list! This has been so much fun, and I still have more vacations to travel to! LOL! You know what is funny? I felt your blog had an english feel the first time I visited here! ...and it turned out to be your vacation destination! :)

~rhonda

ButterflyGem June 29, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

Stunning...Glad you had a great vacation ;) i definetly will add england to my list the pictures are amazing ...all of those beautiful hillsides! Amazing!
ALicia

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP