Related Posts with Thumbnails

"LET'S GO ON VACATION".....Together!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008


It is late afternoon on Thursday, June 12th, 2008......I am so thankful for my home, my yard, my garden & my family, but with that said,... I sure wish we were planning a "SUMMER VACATION"!!!!!!!!!.... I just need a little "change of scenery"!! (I think I have been holed up in my sewing room a bit too much lately!).....My sister and brother-in-law took off this morning to spend the summer at one of the beautiful Washington State lakes...All Summer!!...How great is that! I am even envious of their road trip up there!!! :)...anything again for that "change of scenery"!!.... Realistically though, a true "vacation" is not in the cards this summer, with gas prices "crazy high", & our household budget fairly tight, our backyard & patio will be our destination spot this year!...which really is going to be just fine!.....
Anyway, today my daughter Holly, & I were commiserating about "vacations" or the lack there of,,, and then Holly came up with the best solution ever! Why shouldn't we plan the best trip ever!...Let's throw "budgets & time restraints" out the window!..... "LET'S GO ON VACATION!!!!!"... & let's go with all our blogging friends!!!!!.... & that includes you!!! We want you each to share your "Dream Vacation", which could mean something different for each of one us...maybe an incredible resort, an exotic island or a few relaxing days to spend with family or friends?! Either way, let's start the planning!....I am beginning to feel better already!...Let's do it!....Join Holly & I........."LET'S GO ON VACATION"!.......

Here are the guidelines...
I am hosting this "vacation" along with my daughter, Holly. If you would like to play along, leave me or Holly a comment on any of our blogs letting us know you want to join us, making sure you give us your blog address as well. Holly is compiling a list of everyone playing and on June 26th, we will all post our ideal vacation. Whether it is a small and simple trip, or a lavish and seriously unreal vacation, that is up to YOU! It is YOUR dream vacation for this summer, so plan as much as you want! We will want to see pictures of where you are choosing to "go" and we can all travel vicariously through each other. We will start a blogroll of everyone playing, and on the day of, we will see how many make-believe vacations we can go on!!! I hope you will participate, and this gives us a chance to get to know many more bloggers as well. So if you are reading this blog, leave me a comment and play along with us!!

Holly has made a button you can put on your blogs to show you are playing the vacation game.
If you want the cute picture like I have on the left of my blog, let me or Holly know and we can email you the code! We would really love all of you to post the button if you are participating, that way others know how to join up as well!! :)

6 comments:

colleen June 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

I will not be around a computer on the 26th but I look forward to reading about all of the dream vacations later! Great idea!!!
So nice to be in touch again! Its fun to sort of know what you're 'up to!"

BailiwickStudio June 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

I think I heard that what you're doing is called a "staycation"! My vacation this summer is flying to Long Island when my daughter has her baby. But oh, I'd love to be in France! That's my idea of a dream vacation! ::Jill

Anonymous,  June 13, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

Oh my gosh!!! Mommy Holly is your daughter?!!!! I adore that girl. You must be so proud of her.

I'm at work now so I don't really have time to think, but I promise to give this some thought this weekend. After I get Pink Saturday taken care of, that is.

I love your idea.

Anonymous,  June 13, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

I love your idea of a vacation post. Count me in. Our dream vacation is already in my head.

I just saw Beverly's comment. We both love Mommy Holly. She is beautiful and so sweet. You are both so lucky to have each other.

Thanks for visiting my "laundry" post. I guess a laundry room is a soft spot in a woman's heart. It sure is in mine! My daughter, Diana, thinks I'm a little nuts to decorate that room. However, my laundry rooms of the past were utility rooms, twice, (both times I had one I ended up with a snake invasion). Three times in a garage, and we both know that is not attractive. I rest my case for a decorated laundry room! smile!

I'll be back for vacation news, Jeanne

Heidi June 13, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

We feel like vacation time each weekend as we escape to Cranberry Cottage. Just stopped in to say have a great weekend dear Heidi and hope your DH has a happy father's day.

Hugs ~
Heidi

(Angie) Norththreads: June 13, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

im Really enjoying you blog too! Thanks forr popping by & visiting!
~cheers~
angie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP