Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Kitchen Sinks and Tiny Boys"......

Thursday, June 19, 2008


Good Morning All, I was looking at some photos I took of my grandson a couple weeks ago & thought I would share them this morning with you. The photo above is Andrew, our first grandchild. It goes without saying that he is a "treasured little child"!.....His "Nini" ( me...a name that somehow developed from granny) like most grandmothers, thinks he is the most handsome, most brilliant & most well-behaved 4 year old ever!!!!!! We are fortunate to all be living in one household, under one roof.....so instead of seeing Andrew just once in a while, we are in on all his comings & goings! On this day in particular, his mother Holly & I were sitting at the kitchen table trying to work on a couple projects. As usual when momma's & "nini's" need a minute, little people tend to be a tad impatient! .......So it was this day..... Being the "Brilliant Nini" I am, I decided a bit of playtime at the sink was in order!!...An apron, some cooking utensils & LOTS OF WATER & we had ourselves quite the morning!!!...Andrew played contentedly for at least an hour, while Holly & I had a chance finish our projects & even enjoy a cup of coffee! Right in the middle of all this, I quietly motioned to Holly to get the camera,.... so we could record the "bliss"! .....Note to self: never underestimate the playing power of "kitchen sinks & tiny boys"!!!!


Our Andrew, standing on his little blue chair, beginning to mix his "concoctions".....


Look at that face!!!.........


A little boy, absorbed in the task at hand....& completely oblivious to the "goings-on" around him!....................

4 comments:

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Heidi, I know just what you mean about your precious little Andrew. I have the most handsome, brilliant and charming nine year old grandson in the world.

He and his daddy (my son) lived with us a few years, too. It was wonderful being a part of his everyday life.

Andrew is so lucky to have a wonderful family to adore him as well as a genious Nini.

Dawn June 20, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

My son used to LOVE LOVE LOVE playing at the kitchen sink. At nine years old he has graduated to having his own dishpan to take outside and play in. My granddaughter has her own for the summer right next to Uncle Tim's. :)

Thanks for the smile this morning reading that!

take care,
Dawn

Curlew Country June 20, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

What delightful pictures! This is a favourite past time for my 4 year old and now the almost 2 year old aswell. Must admit it was mine too as a small person.
How fab to live with your granny, I know my boys would love that but we're lucky to live only a few miles apart and she comes on holiday with us too. These lovely bonds are such wonderful things to treasure aren't they.
Stephx

Tonya June 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

How cute is he?!!!!! I am going to have to remember that tip, I am sure I will have more water on the floor than in the sink, but hey that means the floor will get clean LOL

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP