Related Posts with Thumbnails

"I Saw Red"....(on a little piece of French linen)

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today is June 8th, the last day of "I Saw Red" week,.... thought up & organized by Sara from the wonderful blog Sadie Olive. I just want to say "thank you" to Sara for such an enjoyably "red" week! I can't wait to see which color wins out for next week!

As for today, I decided to post one of my all time favorite things...old "French linen"!...I especially love the pieces that are embellished with either blue or red stripes &/or embroidery.. ...So incredibly charming! You can also use various weights of this linen for upholstery or stair runners!...As a decorator, it is something that I love to suggest to clients!....You can purchase the linen, either by the yard or already made up into napkins, tablecloths, pillows, etc. The pieces I have featured today are all available for sale from Beyond France. It is a lovely site, where you too will fall in love with this exquistite linen from years past.
Antique "French linen", made into napkins & monogrammed......
Wouldn't this piece be fabulous made into a pillow or used to upholster the back of a little chair!....
More little napkins...so simple & pretty!

Note: Once again Sara, "thank you" for such a fun idea & great way to meet new friends through blogging! Off to check out all our last "red" postings!......Heidi

9 comments:

Rue June 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

Beautiful linens :)

Have a wonderful Sunday!
rue

Anonymous,  June 8, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Hello Heidi Ann, I believe you visited my blog site and I want o thank you. You did say the name Zelda. As many posts that we visit in a day that could happen to any of us. Your comment seemed to be appropriate for my post at the time.

Please come back and visit again.:)

Jeanne

Anonymous,  June 8, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

I'm back, I forgot to tell you how much I love your red and white linens . I used to be an antique dealer and the red and white was always a great seller. Not easy to find these days.
It was interesting to read about your red & white contest. It sounds like fun. Tell me about it.

Take care, Jeanne

Carol June 8, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

I love all of your french linens very much...Have great week.
Carol x

Unknown June 9, 2008 at 2:52 AM  

what a creative way of seeing 'red' :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things June 9, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

I love the look of French linens. I just found your blog and I have really enjoyed it. I am going to add your to my blog list of favorites...
Penny

Rhondi June 9, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Heidi
Your linens are lovely. That touch of red is just perfect isn't it?
Hugs, Rhondi

colleen June 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Thanks for your comment on my blog....It IS fun to be able to stay connected this way. Holly had a pic of Andrew the other day on hers....he is so cute. I'll bet you are a very proud grandma! Thanks for the fun splashes of red....it helps cheer me up in this gloomy spokane weather.

Donna June 9, 2008 at 5:48 PM  

Oh, I love French linens!
Hugs,
Donna

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP