Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Sunday Thoughts"......

Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Sunflowers & Blue Sky"......Summertime at it's best!.........

It's Sunday afternoon. The temperature outside is 102 degrees & the house is quiet. Mallory & I just got back from taking my sister-in-law Jackie & niece Kylee to the airport. We all just had the most lovely time,.... lots of visiting, a little shopping & tons of relaxing!!!!...possibly one of the most enjoyable visits ever!
As I mentioned above, the house is so quiet,...My husband & grandson are both napping?...I think the heat is responsible. Holly is upstairs reading, after tidying up & sweeping!... How nice is that to walk into a calm, peaceful & clean home!, especially after having company for a few days! Thank you my sweet daughter...
Now I am going to sit & post this blog & then retreat upstairs to putter around with a few "dress designs" & watch a bit of HGTV.
***************************************

While my sister-in-law was visiting, I whipped up some "blueberry crisp", one of her favorites! The next night Jackie informed me she had to have "crisp" again!...maybe this time using "cherries"? Well I was more than happy to!.....& with amazingly delicious results!!!! So I completely recommend using my "blueberry crisp" recipe ( on the right side of my blog) & instead use frozen cherries in place of the blueberries...You will LOVE it!!!!
******************************************

And last, but not least....My friend Sian, at "Diary of a Tinyholder" presented me with the "Arte y Pico" award...This award is one that honors a blog's creative contribution & design content within the blogging community.... Thank you so much Sian! I am so flattered!!!!...The rules are that the recipient needs to choose 5 other deserving blogs?.... So many of you have beautiful blogs that I enjoy, so this is a bit difficult. However, the ones I choose are the following.....

*"Bailiwick Designs".....Jill

*"Freckled Farm"...Cammyk

*"Pink Purl"...Tracy

*"Simple things Small joys"...Cathy Louise

*"Scooterblu's Whimsey"...Rhonda

You all have lovely sites!.....Thank you for inspiring me!.....Your friend, Heidi (XO)

10 comments:

BailiwickStudio June 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Why thank you for the award! I'm honored! ::Jill

Dawn June 23, 2008 at 5:59 AM  

I was curious how your weekend went. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I think I will try that cobbler recipe of yours with both blueberries and cherries. (different batches of course!) :)

take care,
Dawn

Dawn June 23, 2008 at 6:02 AM  

Ooops I mean crisp not cobbler!

take care,
Dawn

colleen June 23, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Heidi,
I may just have to try the recipe for the crisp...my mom LOVES desserts like that and of course, calories don't count during summer, right??? :)
I'm glad you had such a nice visit with Jacki and Kylie.
talk soon! colleen (aka cricket!)

Anonymous,  June 23, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

The crisp sounds delish. I'm glad you all had such a great time together.

Congratulations on your award.

Unknown June 23, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Heidi Ann,

Your blog is so lovely! I am going to check out your recipes...they all sound really good. Thanks for visiting me!

annie

cathypentonatelier June 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Thanks so much Heidi Ann for choosing my blog thats really exciting...So glad you liked it, I feel very blessed that you chose me...Take care Cathy

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda June 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

THANK YOU! I am so honored and consider it a huge compliment to be awarded by a wonderful, talented blogger as yourself! Thank you for the award! I will post it on my next entry. I just love your blog and enjoy coming over here so much! I am going to use your idea of the branches in the little urns and sea shells at the lake house, as I complete the renovations! When I post pics, I'll be sure to give you credit! ;)

Hugs, Rhonda

cammy June 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Thank you so much for ward award. You are so sweet! I will definitely try the crisp recipe...thanks for sharing!!

Tracy June 24, 2008 at 2:13 AM  

Congratulations on your award, Heidi! And I truly honored you share this one along with me--what a great surprise! Love crisps and cobblers...mmm...Oh, and your pink Saturday was stunning as every--I'll take that pink gown! *SWOON!* Happy Days ((HUGS))

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP