Related Posts with Thumbnails

OUR MALLORY......

Friday, June 13, 2008

Our daughter Mallory, cooking & baking....& knee deep in pink frosting!!!.....A very cute look! ....... We are getting spoiled!...Last night, our younger daughter Mallory prepared dinner once again for our family! Not that Mallory never makes or helps with dinner, but as of a couple weeks ago & the official beginning of summer for us ( college classes were over), she announced to us all that this was the summer she was going to become a great cook! She told us she was going to look through all our dozens of cookbooks, choose recipes, shop for the needed ingredients & prepare meals as much as possible!....Let me just say,...I AM THRILLED!!!! This announcement was music to my ears!....Being a lady who enjoys gardening, sewing, quilting, decorating, etc. I sometimes hate to have to stop & prepare dinner. I do like to cook, but not every night....so needless to say again, I just couldn't be happier!
I am proud to say, our Mallory, has been sticking to her pledge! She is either cooking for us during the week or for her boyfriend, Greg on the weekends....I do hate to see Friday come though, since we lose our "in house cook" for a couple days! :(
Anyway, she has been making lots of dishes for us, but last night's was really good! She made a recipe from Food Network's Robin Miller, "Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Creamy Honey Mustard Dip"....At first glance you may think it is a recipe for chicken strips, but the way Malls did it was so much better. Instead of using chicken breasts that have been cut into strips, she left the breast in tact. She also used a bit more of the flour, parm. cheese, salt, pepper & garlic seasoning, in order to throughly cover each chicken breast. The whole thing was just delicious!
Mallory served it with baked potatoes, & sauteed corn & broccoli...wonderful dinner!
Then after dinner she decided to whip up a batch of cupcakes for her friend Shawna's birthday! Keep it up Sweet Mallory...your mother is "beaming from ear to ear"!.....Love You...



Here is Mallory...no, she didn't get all "gussied up" for the picture....just her "normal, flower-adorned, pretty-aproned self"........

PARMESAN-CRUSTED CHICKEN::
Cooking spray
1/3 cup all-purpose flour *( or a bit more,... maybe 1/2 c.)
Salt and ground black pepper *( or a sprinkle or two more)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips *( Mallory left chicken breasts in tact)

1/3 cup milk *( Mallory used 2-3 beaten eggs instead)

1/3 cup grated Parmesan *( Mallory used 1/2 or 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

** Mallory replaced the garlic powder & onion powder, with 2 teaspoons of a garlic& herb seasoning blend, preferably w/o salt

Creamy Honey-Mustard Dip: 1/2 cup sour cream, regular or low-fat 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add chicken to flour mixture and turn to coat. Place milk in a separate shallow dish. In a third shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, combine parmesan, oats, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Dip chicken into flour and turn to coat. Dip flour-coated chicken into milk and then transfer chicken to oat mixture. Turn to coat chicken (or shake bag) until well covered with oat mixture. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and spray the surface with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
To make dip, in a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, Dijon mustard and honey.
Serve chicken with dip on the side.

NOTE: Mallory is not just spending the summer learning to cook...she also is going to school this summer & working & trying to leave a bit of time for the "the beach"!!!

***Be sure & sign up for our "Let's Go on Vacation", June 26th......*for details see the button at the right of my page!

7 comments:

Mallory June 13, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

yay!! I love your blog, momma! :) Thank you!!

Anonymous,  June 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Yum Yum,Yum! Can Mallory come to my house ans cook. No, you want her all to yourself. I CAN'T BLAME YOU. Your daughter is so pretty, and she can cook. She must have heard. "The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Don't fall for that Mallory. Smile!

I loved your post today. Thank you for a look in to your lovely family's life.

Happy eating, Jeanne

colleen June 13, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

...and she even manages to look gorgeous while 'whipping' up dinner! I wish I looked that cute at 6:00 each night!

cathypentonatelier June 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am like you and I do like to cook but not all the time...so I will have to try the chicken for something different... Thank you for sharing..
Take care Cathy

Ragged Roses June 14, 2008 at 5:17 AM  

What a lovely post and lovely daughter. I must show my oldest this post and see if she gets the message! She is always threatening to cook for us but I'm not sure if we're ready for the results! Hope you're having a lovely weekend
Kimx

bj June 14, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

Yum....tell Mallory her cupcakes look just delicious. Lots of good luck to her and also you can tell her she looks FABULOUS!!
hugs, bj

Tonya June 15, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

I'm so glad you shared Mallory with us! I'll tell you what, Heidi, you have some beautiful daughters! I love her apron, how cute! How great that she is cooking for y'all all summer. I'm like you, I don't like to cook every night, it isn't so much the cooking I don't like, it is the huge mess I make LOL I can't wait until my girls are old enough to really fix a meal by themselves. They do help me, but still a little young to do it all by themselves. The recipe looks great too : )

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP